Epoxy Coating For Improved Garage Floors
Do you want to make your garage floor more resistant to staining or are you someone who wants to revamp the look of the boring old concrete floor to colors that reflect your style? If your answer is yes, then it is about time that you get your own DIY epoxy garage floor coating kit and get started. Nowadays many homeowners are adopting epoxy coating and paints after realising that it is changing the look of their garage for the better. You are guaranteed a 100% no regrets.
What Is Epoxy Coating?
Epoxy is actually a thermosetting resin, that is made by mixing one part epoxide resins with a polyamine hardener. The hardener is essential as it is responsible for giving epoxy its strength.
Epoxy coating is the application of epoxy compounds on a surface either for protection or decoration. When the epoxy coating is applied correctly and crystallized, it forms a hard finish that is not only resistant to staining but also various chemicals and solvents.
Why Is Epoxy Coating Done On A Garage Floor?
1. Nowadays people are preferring epoxy coating for their garage floors because of its impeccable ability to hide minor flaws and upgrade the look of the garage. Normal cement floors are not only boring, but they are also not very resistant to stains and dents. Epoxy coatings are available in different colors, so it is really easy for you to find a coating up to your tastes. It is a popular trend to color the garage floors in the color of your favourite teams.
2. It is very easy for cement garage floors to get damaged due to a minor accident. The toughness of the epoxy garage floor coating makes it really durable and resilient to impacts. Epoxy coatings also easily take care of problems like chipping, chemical stains, and surface abrasions.
3. The epoxy coating gives a really smooth finish to the floors, and the best part is that it is really easy to maintain. It also makes the floors less messy as the coating makes it hard for anything to stick to the garage floors.
4. The factor that really makes epoxy coating worth your while is the price of the coating. Unlike other types of flooring, epoxy is applied directly on concrete, thus saving you a lot in terms of installation pricing. If the various advantages of the coating haven't convinced you already, the cost factor totally should. It is a very affordable floor coating.
5. Epoxy is resistant to bacteria and germs. For anyone who is looking for a floor that is easy to sanitize, epoxy coating is your best bet. Because of its ability, epoxy is often used in hospitals.
6. Epoxy coating is very durable for its pricing. When applied properly, it takes a long time for it to peel off or crack.
7. Even in terms of safety, epoxy is a good choice as it makes the garage floor very visible by reflecting off light. You can easily get epoxy DIY garage floor coating kits in the market. Be assured that epoxy coating would transform your floor for better.